Monday, August 30, 2010

Music and Discovery

Hello !

This is my first post on a blog that may take several different forms as I attempt to navigate this world of narcissistic online journalism. I do know that I will be writing about music about 99% of the time. It is my favorite thing to write about; in fact, it's also my favorite thing to think, talk and learn about. (I may also veer off into territories of women's and queer issues, politics, and general pop culture, but I'll try to keep things focused.)

Since this is my first post, I'll introduce myself. Here's me gazing out onto a harbor, as I often do.

My name is Annika Larson, and I'm a Professional Writing junior with minors in Spanish and Women's and Gender Studies at the University of Oklahoma. I was born and raised in Green Bay, Wisconsin (Go Pack Go!). I now live in Norman in a tiny apartment with my boyfriend and our kitten. I write for my school newspaper's Life & Arts page. I enjoy traveling, watching movies, reading books and magazines, perusing the Internet, and collecting records.

My favorite kinds of music are 1960s pop and rock, folk, and modern indie rock/pop/folk/you get the picture. Most of the music I love the most was produced before the year 1980. Lately (as in the past 3 months or so), I've been listening to The Beatles (a constant through my entire life), Paul Simon, The Tallest Man on Earth, Conor Oberst/Monsters of Folk, Robyn and The Shirelles.


On this blog I hope to encourage some discovery in the world of music; I'm going to look for new and different things, and I hope I can share something new and different with any readers I may have. I hope I can share older music in new ways, and newer music in good ways too!

Until next time,
Annika

No comments:

Post a Comment